
It was my first house. I bought it on my own without even tell my parents until it was mine. (I told my mom, "guess what I bought that's older than you?!" She never guessed it, but I wanted to do it on my own and I did.) So, of course to celebrate it I had to make my holiday card about having a home of my own.
This simple card featured my home but I wanted it to be somewhat colorful and year 'round. I did a pointilism image of the house and printed it on vellum. Underneath I did watercolors to fit the drawing of spring blooms, summer grass, fall leaves and winter snow. Inside it read:
The animation of spring, the vitality of summer, the beauty of autumn, the peace of winter ... may each season refresh our joy of friends. season's greetings.
What does this have to do with girlfriends? Well, as creative girlfriends we like to share our crafty ideas with each other so I hope someone finds some inspiration in this artwork that I did over 15 years ago. My cards have always been my expression of my appreciation for all my friends. So I wanted to express it to you too.
Have special friends? Take the time to make them a special greeting this holiday season. Is your BFF the best friend ever? Make her a custom card to show your love and appreciation. Life is short. Celebrate the good stuff - like holidays, girlfriends and happy memories together.













No comments:
Post a Comment