I don't cook. Thankfully my husband does. However, if I was to cook, in an effort to save time, I'd try to find semi-finished meals and adapt them to make them my own. (I believe there is a Food Network show/personality to do all that. If I had more time, I'd watch her show!)
Sometimes that's the same with being crafty. I so wish I had more time to make and give gifts to my girlfriends. I love receiving cards and gifts that they took time to create especially for me and wish I could reciprocate with the meaningful gifts they deserve. But time is a problem right now so I often end up with a purchased product that doesn't quite have the same sentiment as a creation made specifically for a girlfriend.
So, it just seems fitting to ask YOU this week's TIP TUESDAY question:
How can/do you embellish products to make them more personalized presents? How do you add your sense of style or incorporate the gift recipients personality in embellished gifts?
One easy project I've enjoyed is just getting some picture frames and embellishing them. I've applied glitter or glitter paint, stuck on scrapbook embellishments or added beads to it - whatever suits my girlfriend's design style.Now, your turn! Have you ever given or received a creative approach to a store-bought product? Tell us. Inspire us. Give me ideas. There are birthdays and special days coming for me and other busy women. Thanks Girlfriends!
(For more inspiration, listen in to the latest Podcast with MARGOT POTTER. That too will inspire your creativity and appreciation for girlfriends!)













1 comment:
I've been known to add a little sparkle to things! I glued rhinestones to a stapler, glitterized many a frame and candleholder, beaded a jean jacket I got at Goodwill, etc. I love personalizing things for me and for gifts. You go Girlfriendology!
Post a Comment