My girlfriend Tina is the self-proclaimed "Pillow Princess." She's with her family somewhere in the Mediterranean so I'm watching her shop today. I'm totally surrounded by the most beautiful fabric, trim and tassels. If this doesn't inspire you to get creative with some swatches of material and create, nothing will!
So, for my first (in hopefully a LONG series of creative gift and greeting ideas!) blog on the creative side of Girlfriendology ... what about a perfectly personalized pillow as a gift?! Use image transfer fabrics to print your photos on cloth that you can sew into a pillow. Colorize photos before printing with PhotoShop or other software. Or go for the classic black and white photo with color highlight on the fabrics or trims.
Not a seamstress? You could always buy a pillow at a store and use fabric glue to decorate it with either image transfer fabrics or other items that remind you of her. Add trims to cover and raw edges. If it is primarily for decoration, add any memorabilia or elements like buttons, pompoms, beads or old jewelry pieces.
p.s. By the way, I did 'write the book' on image transfer - The New Book of Image Transfer (Lark Books). I used Lazertran for my image transfer paper/fabric but there are lots of good image transfer products available. Have fun with it!














No comments:
Post a Comment